Monday, March 26, 2012

Destined To Never Feel At Home

This quote from Polar Bear Club's song; Convinced I'm Wrong can be found in a dirty bus station shitter in downtown Omaha. The bus ride there from Kansas City is only about 3.5 hours but, while trying to ignore all the drunks and rednecks it gives you a lot of time to think.



It is a pretty empty thought
To be traveling between the two cities that conjure my darkest lonelinesses

With it's red bricked roads crooked under my feet
Dirty brook with the homeless that inhabit it
And the spray of the fountain's cold colorful bursts
Omaha is a giant tar and concrete monument
I loom in the shadow of my closest failure

With it's sleepy garden of expensive arts
Century old medieval workhouse full of beauty and adventure
And how her ghost lingers on every corner and street 
Kansas City is a writhing cold-sweat
I wade through relics of old addictions

Sometimes,
I Wish I Were Dead

-Skem3







No comments:

Post a Comment